Thursday, 6 August 2015

Please Read Along!




Tonight I have been working on my August reading plan and I noticed that:

1. My monthly reading plan is the size of other people's yearly reading plan

2. I have the most eclectic taste - from picture books to history to suspense, etc

3. I really should be smarter than I feel I am

4. I am glad I own a library card and have generous friends

5. I should probably be reading right now if I want to even make a dent in that list.

I would post my entire reading plan BUT I change it so many times that the initial list only partly resembles the finished reading list.  I have this tendency...need to rebel against this list and read whatever moves me (or what cover looks pretty at the moment). One of my goals in blogging about books is sticking a little more closely to the monthly reading plan.

So here is what I HAVE to read:

For my face to face Book Club  (meeting in late August or early September) I have to read:
-Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

 I am determined to catch up in the In Death series (with the audiobooks I have my hands on so far) and am currently listening to:
-Festive in Death (Book 49) JD Robb

I want to reread TKAM before I read the "newest" GSAW as do some others so am leading a discussion for a monthly read (for a group on GR I co-moderate) and am going to listen to Sissy Spacek narrate:
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I am hoping that I can squeeze in another audiobook for another monthly read (for another group on GR) :
-Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
AND, also for that same group, read:
-The Prime of Miss. Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark

Also, for challenges on GR (more on my challenges later this week!) I hope to read:
-Lilies of the Field by William E. Barrett
-Kill For Me (Book 9) Karen Rose-Gone Missing (Book 4) Linda Castillo

Then there are books I have asked or been asked to review (usually via NetGalley):
-No One Needs to Know by Kevin O’Brien (read and review to come!)
-Jars of Hope by Jennifer Roy
-Friction by Sandra Brown-Dear Mister Essay Writer Guy by Dinty W. Moore
-My Family Tree and Me by Dušan Petričić -Broken Promise (Book 1) Linwood Barclay
-The Escape by Hannah Jayne



Last, but certainly not the least, are my library books.  Books I have picked up or put holds on because the cover, description or author spoke to my book soul.  This is the list, due to time orbad first impression, often does not get finished:

-Alfred Hitchcock: The Man Who Knew Too Much by Michael Woods
-Swerve by Vicki Pettersson
-The Little Free Library Book: Take a Book Return a Book by Margaret Aldrich
-Murder Stone by Charles Todd-Sisters in the Wilderness: The Lives of Susanna Moosie and Catherine Parr Traill by Charlotte Gray
-Our Auntie Rosa: The Family of Rosa Parks Remembers Her Life and Lessons








How do I even read 10% of this list? Stay tuned and find out!

For those with book clubs and kids please watch for special posts for you!

k (My Novelesque Life)


No comments:

Post a Comment