Sunday, 24 January 2016

Quickie Poetry Review: The Road Not Taken


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN: FINDING AMERICA IN THE POEM EVERYONE LOVES AND ALMOST EVERYONE GETS WRONG
Written by David Orr
2015; 192 Pages
Genre: poetry, poets, biography

Rating: ★★★1/2

Last night I picked up David Orr's The Road Not Taken - a slim volume of Orr's look at Frost's most popular and beloved poem.  Orr divides the book looking at the Poet, the Poem, the Choice and the chooser.  He argues that while audiences love this poem they seem to have the meaning behind it incorrect.  Orr writes well and his arguments concise.  I read it in one sitting not because I am one of those people who have loved the poem (poet) and has been reading it incorrectly.  I recommend this to lovers of poetry and Frost.




k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment