Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Toddler, Tots and Teens: Christmas Leftovers!



Gorgeous cover!
WHEN SANTA WAS A BABY
Written by Linda Baily and Illustrated by Genevieve Godbout
2015; 32 Pages
Genre: holiday, picture books, children's book

Rating: ★★★★★

It has been a long while since I have read any Linda Baily books.  Her Stevie Diamond Mystery was one of my favourite series in middle school.  It wasn't just a mystery series but a Canadian mystery!  As I was scouting the library catalog I saw the title, When Santa was a Baby and the cover illustration was gorgeous and then I saw it was written by Bailey so quickly it went on my hold list.  About two weeks before Christmas the book arrived for me to peruse.  It begins with Santa's birth to his adulthood.
Santa distributing his own gifts to other children.
We see how Santa likes to give gifts more than receiving them, and he likes eat a lot so starts to get a robust figure and when he laughs he roars with, HO HO HO.  It is a cute funny story that I think adults will like to read to their young children.  And the illustrations are so well done!  I know Christmas has passed but I think this is a book that will be on the bookshelf all year around.

 k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment