Monday, 21 March 2016

MORE Mystery Monday: Novella Fun



FINAL ASSIGNMENT 
(Promise Falls: #1.5)
Written by Linwood Barclay
January 2016; 77 Pages
Genres: novella, mystery, suspense, series

Rating: ★★★★

In this novella we see Cal Weaver, a private investigator, hired by a mother looking to get back at the school that wants to punish her son for writing a disturbing short story.  As Cal tries to to tell the mother that there is nothing he can really do the young man's story comes to life with the death of his best friend.  The dead teenager's parents are Cal's friends, and along with his curiosity, he soon finds himself trying to find the murderer. I enjoyed this story as it was very concise and suspenseful. I am hoping that this is good news for the second book, Far From True. My one thing about the first book was that it was too long and too drawn out.  This short story is like Barclay's other standalone novels that I love.

I will be reviewing FAR FROM TRUE tomorrow on it's release day.  I was unable to finish the book for tonight.

k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment