Monday, 7 March 2016

What Inspired Me Today...

In Tenebris 
by Ford Madox Ford


All within is warm,
   Here without it's very cold,
   Now the year is grown so old
And the dead leaves swarm.

In your heart is light,
   Here without it's very dark,
   When shall I hear the lark?
When see aright?

Oh, for a moment's space!
   Draw the clinging curtains wide
   Whilst I wait and yearn outside
Let the light fall on my face.

UNTITLED & UNFINISHED

The cold air envelopes me 
swirls around my fingers 
and nips at my nose
I wonder how cold it can be
I don't look back not this time

The frozen ground crunches beneath my shoes
I steady myself on the icy patches
Is anyone else falling for my ruse
I know I will go back...a matter of lost pride
No matter the words I have always cried
Back in your arms warming my cold toes.

k (My Novelesque Life)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment