Monday, 4 April 2016

Mystery Monday: Maggie Hope




MRS. ROOSEVELT'S CONFIDENT
(Maggie Hope: #5)
Written by Susan Elia MacNeal
2015, 337 Pages
Genre: war, mystery, suspense, espionage 

(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review.)

Rating: ★★★1/2

Right after Pearl Harbor is bombed, Prime Minister Churchill heads to America to visit President Roosevelt.  With him is special agent, Maggie Hope, who is posing as his typist. As the two leaders are negotiating America's entry into the War, the First Lady's aid is mysteriously murdered.  As Maggie looks briefly into the case she finds that Eleanor Roosevelt is being implicated into the crime.  Now Maggie must up her spy skills - code breaking - and find out who is targeting the Roosevelts.

First, I must say I am always impressed with the cover design of MacNeal's novels.  They are just what I would picture from that era.  I have been enjoying the series and Maggie's time in the espionage game.  I was so excited to see that Maggie was going back to America and hang out with the Roosevelts.  I  found that the novel at times lagged a bit and it could be the case.  I just wasn't that immersed into the plot as I usually am.  Yet, I did still enjoy the novel and am looking forward to the book!

k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment