Saturday, 25 June 2016

Quick Review: Mona Lisa


MONA LISA
Written by Alexander Lernet-Holenia

1937 (reissued JUNE 14, 2016); 96 Pages
Genre: fiction, art, novella, historical fiction

(I received an ARC from the EDELWEISS in exchange for an honest review.)
​​

★★★★


This thin volume of 96 pages packs a lot of punch.  I have always liked Leonardo Da Vinci and been fascinated with his artwork and mind.  In fact, my mom says the first book I picked out all by myself was a big Da Vinci art book.  This story was first written in German, 1937.  Pushkin has released it this month translated into English.  The story is of a man who sees Da Vinci's Mona Lisa and falls for the women.  He is so infatuated he digs up a woman's grave to see if his dream woman is real and alive.  I really enjoyed this novella!  I would recommend this one to those who love classics.

k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment