Sunday, 26 June 2016

Sunday Tea: Poetry





Another free flow poem...

My words strike out and flail around
like fists and arms...
Did I strike this time?
I cannot see,
cannot hear
and cannot feel.
I am just pouring out words
so I don't drown in the
dark pool of your undesired
feelings for me.

You coaxed me into the the thick forest
kept me in the black
mislead me with your heartbeat
so I came closer to you.
Shed any fears and gave it all
to follow you in the fog.

Now you won't carry me or
have your heart beat for me
so what do I do now to find my way?
How to put away the promises?
And wear the fear?
I saved all I had all for you
You took it
and now stamped it out like
a burning  cigarette.

k





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. I'm trying to get through mental blocks of trying to be perfect and just write what comes.

      Delete