Sunday, 14 August 2016

Short Stories Sunday with Katherine Mansfield



THE GARDEN PARTY AND OTHER STORIES
Written by Katherine Mansfield
1922 (reissued AUGUST 9, 2016); 304 Pages
Ecco
Genre: short stories, prose, fiction, classics

(I received an ARC from the EDELWEISS in exchange for an honest review.)
​​
★★★★
 
 I have probably read Mansfield before in high school or university but I cannot remember at this point.  At least, the stories in this novel did not spark a connection.  Yet, Mansfield's writing feels familiar.  I really enjoy the way she brings characters to life and gives the reader a sense of the time and place where these characters live.  I read this book over two days picking it up when I had short spurts to read.  I would say this is a good book for the nightstand when you need to read but don't have the time to give a novel a chance.  I am looking forward to reading more of Mansfield.
 
BUY PAPERBACK NOW!
 
KATHERINE MANSFIELDKathleen Mansfield Murry (14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923) was a prominent New Zealand modernist short story writer who was born and brought up in colonial New Zealand and wrote under the pen name of Katherine Mansfield. At 19, Mansfield left New Zealand and settled in the United Kingdom, where she became a friend of modernist writers such as D.H. Lawrence and Virginia Woolf. In 1917 she was diagnosed with extrapulmonary tuberculosis, which led to her death at the age of 34. (Biography from Wikipedia)

 
 k (My Novelesque Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment